The Dow Chemical Company ('Dow') is an international organization driven by science and technology. The Dow plant in Terneuzen develops and produces basic chemicals, which are distributed to clients in more than 160 countries across the globe. Safety is of paramount importance at Dow; you will be working with personal protective equipment (PPE) on the plant. Dow also values diversity within its teams. In 2020 Dow was recognized as a Top Employer, in part because of their support of local initiatives such as public events and environmental projects.
You will be working during regular working hours.
Do you have at least two years of industrial laboratory experience and good analytical skills? Then your career switch to become an analytical technologist is a logical step! In this position you work at Dow where you are responsible for the analyses of all produced products and specified raw materials. In exchange for your analytical work, you will receive a gross salary up to €2,800 per month and travel allowance. If you always wanted to work in an international laboratory environment, then this is your change. Read on and apply!
Employment agency Manpower is looking for an analytical technologist for Dow in Terneuzen.
In this role you perform analyses according to the sample plan. You will perform these analyses for all produced products and specified raw materials according to routine analytical testing procedures. During the performance of your work, you do not lose sight of the safety regulations. You are responsible for maintaining an injury free work place! In case required you will provide back-up to the shifts, mainly for the morning shifts and every now and then for the afternoon shifts. During your working week you are also responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensuring that service requests are accurately run and the data returned as per sample plan
- Providing input of quality data into LIMS, document and communicate results
- Participating in and completing of laboratory training and corporate required trainings
- Maintaining laboratory raw material stocks as necessary
- Writing, reviewing and updating assigned procedures
- Participating in and completing of laboratory training and corporate required training
- Co-operating and communicating with co-workers and clients to maintain work flow and instrumental information
What’s in it for you
- Gross salary between €2,000 and €2,800 month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses at €0.19 per kilometre and full reimbursement of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Pension accrual via Manpower after 26 weeks of work
- Full-time job of 40 hours a week
- A job for a longer period of time
- International working environment
- Free access to E-learning platform Manpower Academy via Manpower
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of Chemistry, Biology or similar
- At least two years of working experience in the industrial laboratory industry, for example as a research technician, lab technician, laboratory analyst, chemical analyst or similar
- An excellent command of the English and Dutch language (at least level C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Knowledge of quality control
- Availability of 40 hours per week
- A valid Dutch work permit or EU nationality that is valid for at least nine months
- Able to acquire Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag or VOG) that shows you don’t have a criminal record
Living in or near Terneuzen, Hoek, Middelburg or Bergen op Zoom is a bonus, but not mandatory!
For more information please contact Robin Van Loon via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 088 282-8128.